Wednesday, January 14, 2009

It's only a paper moon


I miss my porch.

Part of me is all full of bravado: Eh, it's cold, wear a sweater.

The part of me that is ten toes? Well, that part turned to ice on the drive to work.

Tomorrow will be c-c-c-c-older. Ssigh....

I can't sit out on the porch for a few minutes, unless I would like to perfect my popsicle impression. I miss eating breakfast out there, stealing five minutes for a cup of hot tea, and most of all, riding my bike out on the porch late in the evening and listening to my iPod, with no light but whatever is coming from the moon.

And speaking of the moon.


I was driving through the park (where I used to run, and hope to run again someday WARMER) on my way to work and noticed the moon through the trees.

See, the tiny little white blob? It's not ice on the windshield.

This picture is more of a placeholder than a serious attempt, because I hate the cut branch in the center of that tree. I had all of 30 seconds elapse between the time I thought "I should stop and take pictures" and the time I felt really guilty, late for work, yada yada.

And yes, I did take it from inside the car. I did actually pull over and park, but I really didn't have time to get out of the car, walk around to the right place, frame it.... aaagh. No time. And did I mention, COLD? Way too cold.

But I love being able to see the moon during the daytime, and knowing that it will come around again sometime, when I can beat my guilt down and take a few more minutes to spend on a decent photo.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

know what peeves me? all the damn people who walk around saying .. "cold enough for ya?". WTF.. really? I know it's freezing out.. I WALK to work remember? (sigh)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...