Friday, January 16, 2009

Look up, look down






Shuttersisters spoke of changing your viewpoint the other day, by looking up for example. Up was sky, out my window, and so I looked down instead. Here's a little detail for the day.

Working from home, so I get to start earlier and stop now & then for laundry, oh so exciting -- and I picked up the camera before lunch.

Because it's logical (not) I tried to open some of our windows on the coldest day in quite a while.


Found that some of the new locks on our windows (in the addition) actually prevent opening of said windows. Hmmm. Mr. Carly is not going to like that observation...

One of the ones that DID open gave me a view of a drainpipe with some "drips" frozen on it, which I experimented a little bit with (you can see a few on my flickr page , I'm not really sure where I'm going with whiter vs. bluer, just yet... )

I am also looking at other photographers' work like (this series at an old ranch) and noticing that they zoom in on details, and show only part of an object, where I try to do the opposite all too often.

Once upon a time, that leaf above was green and beautiful.... sigh. I hate winter.

2 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm feeling about as cold as that leaf! Bring back Summertime. I'm tired of all of this cold!

Anonymous said...

"If I knew I was going to have my picture taken today, I would put on something green."
- The Leaf

Don't forget about your friend the crop tool. You can always eliminate part of the object or view from the frame to make it more interesting. Kind of like a story within the story. Here the photo of the girl in the red dress is more intriguing. The red dress doesn't hurt either :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...