Saturday, January 15, 2005

Really now....

Anyone who has read this blog knows I have a sappy, drippy bleeding heart (but I no longer have AV node re-entry, which is nice)

...but the Tsunami concert /fundraiser on N B C REALLY sucked.

Madonna - you sucked most, that song should have been in a completely different key OR SOMETHING, and your one finger in the air at the end was not moving and profound, actually it was pretty queer.

Clint Eastwood - I couldn't stop laughing at you - that suit color was bad, the shirt collar looked like my 10 year old ironed it, and why did you wear your father's most ugly tie?

Maroon 5 - ok Mittens, you were right, they do suck live even though I like their cd.

Gloria Estefan didn't suck. I've always liked her. Norah Jones was good, as was Sarah McLachlan, and Elton (I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally want a grand piano. Of course I have absolutely nowhere in my home I could put even a BABY grand, but whatever. )

Jay Leno... where do I start? No, I don't want a phone for $3000 (am I the only one wondering if it would work in your home without a PBX and whether Leno would even know what that meant?) and when he said it would even have star's DNA on it, I gagged on my nephew's birthday cake.

Let me tell you - I made an AWESOME birthday cake for the kid. He wanted a "picnic" theme for his birthday (his dad actually grilled burgers and dogs, it was about 30 degrees out). So I made this two level cake that looked like a patch of dirt with grass on it, and a mini grill (round, w/charcoal, natch) with burgers and dogs on it. Almost completely edible except for some wood sticks I covered with foil to use to make the grill on the top of the bbq. I shall post pictures someday when I get around to getting my film developed.

I really want a digital camera, but I should buy a new stove. Not that I currently have spare cash sitting around for either, but there it is. I'm presuming I'll get a small bonus, but at least half of that has to go toward debts like that schnazzy pink glow in the dark retainer I've mentioned adorning my daughters bicuspids.

Well, enough random train of thought, tired plus tired is too tired and that's me... donate to the Red Cross despite tonight's pathetic show, willya?


3 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

I tried to tell you Maroon 5 stunk, but you didn't believe me. /Shamus

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Mittens???? I missed that dig the first time through! That's it, I'm NOT sharing my sandwhich now.

R.G. Ryan said...

Maroon5...love the CD. Hate the attitude and, as you insightfully noted, their seeming inability to render even a single note in pitch during a live performance.

And thanks for stopping by Driving With Your Knees. The name is Sean, by the way. I'll be back.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...