Monday, January 24, 2005

I'm a medium or something

Well, let's see. I mocked snow, and got a blizzard.

I made fun of puking, and guess what my daughter said this morning? ( "Mommmmmmmy....." ) I got the deluxe package. Tears, pale face, etc., but no actual puke. Bonus! So I said OK, stay home, I'll stay with you. Watch tv in my bed honey, you'll feel better. Now my son is jealous ("She gets to watch tv all day?")

I will now make fun of winning the lottery, and of people who complain about midwinter thaws melting all of the snow. (I'm high enough...floods don't scare me.) I will also make fun of people who won the lottery and subsequently purchased huge homes complete with studio space for all of their art projects, exercise equipment, and hot tub; those people who, for some reason I can't comprehend, need to leave their luxury homes, to take luxury vacations and get massages and manicures while they're not sunning themselves on the Lido deck.

I will make fun of people who quit work so that they can concentrate on their vegetable gardens and their charity work. I don't have a vegetable garden, but I would, darn it. If only I could keep the deer away.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...