Thursday, January 20, 2005

That's Where I'll Be, By the Sea (...crest)

Go ahead - roll your eyes.

We're going to meet Ryan Seacrest next weekend, at the telethon pre-party for a charity near me. Mr. Carly has been involved with the group for many a moon and so we are invited to the party the night before the telethon. I found out today Ryan's this year's on-air celebrity. Wheeeee! Ok, it's a slow news day - this is all I've got for you. Mock me, I can take it.

My kids want to bring their "American Idol" microphone to have him autograph it. (imagine if you will, your child singing Hakuna Matata on one of those things... it works over an FM radio so it can get r-e-a-l-l-y loud... it has a button you press and RS says "We're back, live, on American Idol")

Hmmm. Maybe I won't mention to him that several previous hosts are no longer with us (MacLean Stevenson, Nell Carter, John Ritter... as far as I know Barbara Eden's ok....)

*****************************************************

This just in .... 87 on the science test!! This news was accompanied by said child bursting into tears which really puzzled me, because I am fine with that grade. She tripped over a compound/ complex machine question - who wouldn't? - and was afraid I'd be mad at her for it. I think the miserable bus ride home dreading telling me is MORE than sufficient punishment (my motto: D is for Diploma).

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...