Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Degrees

It was eighteen degrees out this morning. ABOVE zero. Wheee!

Either:
A. my blood has thickened to the consistency of the McDonald's lard (just before the fryers are turned on in the morning)
B. I've hopped over the last hurdle to insanity
C. I've resigned myself to the totally unappealing weather situation which will continue to suck over the next week or so... I can't bring myself to look any farther ahead in the forecast, not that they know jack anyway...

or... it really IS warmer today, considering that yesterday it was MINUS thirteen.


So, who watched Bachelorette last night? Is she stupid? Why keep the crying frenchie, who/whom from here on out, I shall refer to as Le Pussycat? Why keep Jerry? I'm sorry, he's a player and I knew it the first time I saw him telling the guys "I told her I felt like I was meant to be here" B. S. !! You can shine like silver all you want, but you're just aluminum, (or something like that...BNL)

Supernanny - yes, I know it's an impostor but I love Jo and I enjoy the show. I really felt terrible for that Mom, as she sat there crying while she was trying to get her baby to go to sleep. This is what's wrong with our family structures nowadays. That poor Mom had no one to show her "here's how to handle this, and here's how to do that..." I'd be willing to bet her mother doesn't live nearby or doesn't visit very often and her mother in law just treats her like crap. She doesn't seem to have someone who can offer the "been there, done that" advice as to how to teach your kids how to behave.

I was lucky on the sleep front. When my daughter was very young we started playing a small music box when we put her into bed and she learned to associate that with falling asleep. Small wrinkle... she's 10, we still play it every night when we tuck her in. I wonder if her husband will like hearing Music of the Night every evening?

My son needs the radio on Delilah, but that's another matter. I can not STAND her. She's too syrupy, blechhh. Kind of funny coming from me, isn't that? However I just find her cloying and all too quick to bring up her religious beliefs in the context of EVERY conversation with callers. It seems to me that if you LIVE like a good member of the Christian faith, or of any other religion, you shouldn't have to preach to the people around you constantly about whatever God(s) you believe in. If they see you and respect you and in some way try to be more like you, then you've (uh, what's the word? represented? I am too white to use that word...) "served" well.

It's the same thing that bugs me about this one realtor who goes to my church, sits way up in front and acts like an extra-holy prissy, and I know because she sold my house to me that she's as dishonest as the day is long.

It's really creepy to get up during the night and hear middle - of - the - night - DJ voices coming from your kid's room.

1 comment:

Jesster said...

You learn better in your sleep. When your son starts shouting "praise the lawd" for no reason whatsoever, it's time to change the channel!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...