Saturday, January 29, 2005

Me & the Riddler

So, I promised the story of how I met Frank Gorshin who played the role of The Riddler on the Batman tv series a zillion years ago. Don't get too excited.

Back oh, a few ::::cough cough 20 cough cough::::::: years ago when I was in college, I met a geek, uh, a guy from RPI. There's a great limerick in there somewhere, but I don't have it.

He took me "home" to Connecticut for a visit to his (Oh MY gosh) huge house. Then we went over to his friend M's house which was BIGGER. Geek had more or less told me that M's dad was Frank, and who he was. I assumed he wouldn't be around.

At some point I had to use the bathroom and Geek took me down this hall, around a bend, etc. When I exited the powder room I took a wrong turn somewhere and I was wandering through the dining room and pretty much bumped smack into Mr. G himself.

I murmured a polite apology and asked where the heck the boys were and he pointed me in the right direction.

I'd like to say that me and Geek hit it off, married, and the Riddler danced at my wedding. Sadly, no.

See, I told you - today's a slow day.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's actually really cool. You failed to mention if he was wearing his green tights? /Shamus

Erik with a K said...

I wish I could say I once dated Burgess Meredith's granddaughter. But not.

I did nearly hit Will Ferrell with my car while driving next to MSG after a hockey game last year (with my parents in the car no less)...

True story.

Carly said...

Well, as I recall he was wearing a bathrobe sort of attire... that looked like it was quite expensive... I did NOT peek under the robe.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...