Monday, January 10, 2005

Bistros and Dorks

I've noticed that since I told you guys about my blog, I'm just basically doing a lot of negative crap and avoiding posting the warm fuzzy stuff that makes you all gag. We're done with that now.

Since I've posted several negative things in a row, I shall now list off A Few Good Things:

1. Creme Brulee Cheesecake. I was at Salty's the other night with the hubby (yes, I was wearing my rings that day) and my daughter. They have a new owner who is now calling the place Salty's Pub and Bistro. That's right, Bistro. Which usually means a place like this but not at Salty's. The old motif was New England Seafood, so my daughter and I were kind of thrown by the word BISTRO given all of the nautical stuff still lying about. No little tiny tables, no French waiters. (Incidentally I figured out a couple of years ago I've been to Salty's over 500 times, and I went on strike for a while, but I've caved. Now, where was I? ) I got a nice piece of fried fish but the REALLY wierd thing was that it was in this giant deep fried tortilla shell. Boo (my daughter) offered up "Maybe his mother is Mexican." Could be - WTFK ?

At any rate, the desserts have improved with the new owner and the Creme Brulee Cheesecake, well, I had to not go "Mmmmmmm" too loudly or people would have given me some funny looks. It got me through going to a local high school basketball game, which I really wanted no part of, but the spouse thought it would be fun. As the original Salty would say, "Ayup." We sat courtside and at one point the visiting team overshot the ball and it almost whacked my kid in the face. That would not have been good, given that she's sporting an $1800 hot pink-glow-in-the-dark retainer. SuperJockMom(formerly known as the spaz who sucked at sports in high school) managed to stick her hand up at the right time and deflect the ball. Yay me!

2. My former sister-in-law is still uglier than me. I'm not proud, but a victory is a victory. Someday, maybe in about 15 years at the most, she's going to be just about bald with a big crooked nose like her older brother. (I'm going to hell for this one, right?) I'm so glad my brother-in-law traded up. The NEW wife takes me to fun places like wine tasting classes, and cooking lessons at Glen Sanders Mansion. We get to try the food, have the wine they recommend for the dish they're preparing, and so on... sweet!

3. My 7 year old got "spy gear" for Christmas and one of the things is a voice changer which will hold a 20 second message. He also got a self inking Spiderman stamp in his stocking. (Santa, you're a pain in the ....)
He decided to "tatoo" himself with the stamp several times while Mommy was screwing around on the internet. I called him a Dork, in the most loving way of course (laughing at him... care to donate to the trust fund for the counseling he'll need someday?) and then said "Oh, you're Mommy's dork, I love you" to soften the damage to his fragile psyche (not... he laughed right back at me) He went away and came back with his voicechanger spewing out Darth Vader saying "I'm Mommy's Dork... I'm Mommy's Dork". I'll miss him when he runs away from home. Right now he's torturing his sister with the motion detector. I've got to go!!


No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...