Sunday, January 30, 2005

Snagging Seacrest's Sharpie

A local charity was having a telethon - fundraiser today and none other than Ryan Seacrest was the celebrity star/host.

My kids (age 10 & 7) love the American Idol shows and my daughter has this microphone that will transmit over an FM station. (WTH was I thinking??? It's SO loud.) It's also got buttons for applause and to hear RS say "We're back live, on American Idol"

So we took that, plus a cast CD, and a permanent marker, and the camera, all in this giant purse I carry around (and get laughed at for now & then but hey, whatever.)

We got there and I saw him off to the side, not on camera at the time. Some teenage girls went up to him and he did autographs, so I said "come on, kids!" and we went around the end of a red velvet rope. (Trespassing. I'm some role model, huh?)

We waited until those girls were done and then he looked at us and I asked if he would give my kids autographs. He was really nice about it, asking their names and personalizing what he was signing. The people with him saw my camera and turned the kids around and said "Mom wants to take a picture, Ryan" and he got right down to their level. Then he came forward to shake my hand and said hi. (He sooooo wants me. Don't give me that crap about batting for another team.....snicker...) I took the marker out of his hand and he said "Is that yours?" I replied "yes, thanks for taking the time to talk to my kids, I know how busy you are today." Then I stuck the marker in my purse and we said our goodbyes... while we were walking away my daughter said "Here's your marker, mom" and handed me mine.

Ooops.



No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...