Monday, January 10, 2005

It's the Pitts

Well since Jim brought it up, what makes Brad & Jen's breakup blog-worthy to me isn't the Fairy Tale aspect (A million dollar wedding, amortized over only 4.5 years, ouch.) but more the Oh Crap, They're Real People and Their Lives Can Suck Too surprise hidden in the bottom of the box.

It's the minute details that you'll find here and there, that I can relate to. I read a piece that said Jen has been photographed at times recently not wearing her wedding ring. Oh, passive aggressive symbolism - I'm all over it.

Let me tell you, fifteen years of marriage can seem like a V-E-R-Y long time sometimes. There were days before the marriage counselor (thank you, Rocco) that I just could not even begin to force myself to shove that diamond band onto my finger. I knew it would just sit there on my hand all day saying "Ha ha, till death do us part and everyone on the continent but you thinks he's the Most Fabulous Guy Ever".

Poor little old Jen might be just like me. Isn't that a pisser?

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...