Thursday, January 27, 2005

People who annoyed me today

In chronological order....

1. The person on my team who *ALWAYS* annoys me. Some of you know who that is, so we'll just gloss over that. It's so repetitive. Do.Your.Own.Effing.Job.

2. The prissy project manager who took my "I will try to get my boss to give you an estimate by EOD Monday" IM and thanked me in an email (cc: to the entire eastern hemisphere) for committing to have specs by then. WTF are specs? I said we might be able to tell her a ballpark cost. Said PM sends me an instant message at 2:06 "Oh, are you still here? I can stop over" forcing me to repeat that no, I leave at 2pm, I need to leave now, to be home when my kids get home, because it's, like, a bazillion degrees below zero, and social services frowns on you leaving children outdoors in that type of scenario.

3. The lady in the minivan behind me on the way home. I was going 65 on 787 which has a limit of 55. She was so far up my backside my little magnet yellow ribbon on my trunk lid leapt onto her front grill. SHE HAD KIDS IN HER VAN. Slow down, wench.

4. The girl at the dentist's office, with adidas sandals and socks on. Repeat, it's a bazillion degrees below zero and there's snow everywhere.

5. The pinhead at the dentist's office who was SO full of himself and his cell phone and couldn't stop talking on it. Someone didn't show up for work and he was going to fire them but then THAT person called and he found out they'd been in the hospital and so well, I just wanted to speak to you man to man about this but we're ok now and this is behind us and you can work your shift tonight.... I actually flipped this guy off as he was leaving. I swear to you.

6. The lady at the pediatrician's office (this morning my daughter casually said "I have strep throat, Mom"... well, it's a sinus infection, so there....) ... anyway this lady is the sniffle counterpart to the Coughing Man in Florida that Shamus had to deal with. She blew her nose 40 times. The nerve, how dare she go to a doctor's office when she's sick??

While at the doctor's office my son looked at something and said "Mommy can I play with that?" I realized it was Not A Toy. It was a little gimmic with buttons and a "gas meter" to help you figure out if you're low on Testosterone. I swear.

So, I decide I am, because here are the questions:
  • decreased libido (it's 10 degrees colder in my bedroom than the rest of the house because it's an addition with a crawl space so it's basically like sleeping in the garage) - YES
  • lack of energy (have you met me?) - YES
  • decreased strength, endurance (pffft. ) - YES
  • loss of height - well, NO
  • decreased enjoyment of life (in the fabulous northeast working for my fabulous company?) - YES
  • are you sad and/or grumpy? - YES YES and / or YES!
  • eeerections less strong - um, ....
  • deterioration in ability to play sports ( bad in highschool probably worse now) - YES

I gotta go make an appointment! Bye...


1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

Don't be bummed Carly! Watch that Nike commercial again, and again, and again. That'll help.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...