Sunday, January 16, 2005

Globes, part 1

OK, quick hits

1. Robin Williams: Funniest. Man. Ever. I saw him about 5 years ago as the main guest when Dave Letterman returned to tv after his heart surgery and he was SO hilarious. I LOVE him.

2. Terri Hatcher by far looked the best of the Housewives (yes, I clicked over from the globes to watch DH) - she looked AMAZING... followed closely by Eva Longoria. PS: WTF - who drew those eyebrows soooooo big on Marcia Cross? holy crap!

3. Clint Eastwood looks soooo much better in a tux than that crappy suit he wore last night- guess he reads my blog huh? OK, yeah, I know. Shaddap.

4.Re: Joan Rivers and her daughter, we were watching them, and then my DVR switched because I was recording two OTHER things at 7 pm, and my kids put up a stink: "Hey, where are the two funny ladies?" ...because Al Roker just doesn't cut it.

5. "The more you know" ads suck.

6. So, IS Jennifer Garner knocked up? I couldn't tell.

7. I was TORN between Sex & the City and Desperate Housewives for best comedy. I'm a little disappointed. But SatC was over a while ago now. Time to move on, no? I do love that the writer dedicated his award to his Mom. Because, you know, I'm a total sap, and all that. My SatC girls were apparently seated WAY back in the room because I caught a glimpse of Charlotte and Miranda, and that was all.

8. OMG outfit: the closest I could come was Renee Zellweger (sp?) who seems to have stopped eating just after Thanksgiving, because her waist measured maybe 17 inches around. I've seen Survivor top-two finalists who are pudgier. It's not a good look, she's sooooo pasty pale. Git some meat on dem bones!!! But Hilary Swank, just a pony tail to an awards ceremony? Let me beat you with a hairbrush. No other blantant style faux pas for the women are coming to mind right now. However my whitey white DH (darling husband) was critical of Wyclef Jean (purple suit, red shirt, tie & hat).... "his hat's too tight...."

Hmm, gotta run, running out of things to say - goodnight Mrs. Doubtfire!!!


1 comment:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

5. The more you know ads suck

Ab-so-fuckin-lutely. The worst are the parenting "nuggets of wisdom" from guys who wouldn't know a diaper genie if it bit him on the leg. Read a bedtime story to my kid before bed? Holy crap I never THOUGHT to do that! Thank you, Noel Wiley of ER! Talk about must see TV! By the way Noel, when my kid pukes and has diarrhea at the same time, any advice?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...