Friday, January 21, 2005

Welcome aboard

If you haven't read 15 minute lunch please do. What am I saying? I have 3 readers and you're all in my links. Now I can get to your page easily so that I can Sametime you if you don't post often enough. Anyway.

I have been in his car and it is SO not like a minivan, it hurts me. No, I do not drive a minivan. If my husband were to buy me a minivan, I would lie down in the driveway and ask him to drive right over me with it. (He'd have to kill me to get me into it.) So I do not own a minivan and yet I do not own a convertible. It makes me deeply sad. I once had a Mustang convertible (rented, but why nitpick? I had it for 3 weeks. It was mine!!) and had a great time driving from Portland to Seattle. Do you know that outside of Seattle there is actually a sign that says, "I-90, Boston" ??

So (insert another "anyway" here), I pretty much said to 15, "so when are you taking me to lunch in your convertible?" and he actually DID take me for a drive to Mickey D's, because it was a nice sunny (but windy, as I recall) day. We were eating and he noticed first, I think, that it was starting to rain, and had to point out to me "let's get going, the top of my car is down." Normally it is hard to distract me when there are fries around.

I returned to work rather soggy because when we got outside the storm had increased quickly (fast wind brought it in PDQ) and we got soaked because I was basically useless in getting the top of the car up. Pffft. Don't think I didn't get remarks from the resident idiots I sat near at the time for looking drenched.

The new Mustangs are niiiiiice. I want sonic blue, or legend lime (bahahaha ...please.) Blue, with nooooo leather seats (too effing cold in wintertime).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm an avid reader of yours...well, maybe avid is too strong of a word...but still, I read most of it :)

Carly said...

Thank you!!!!

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

The 2005 Mustangs. Yes.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...