Monday, January 03, 2005

Diane, go home!

Let me preface this by saying, I'm sure Diane Sawyer is a lovely, wonderful person. Truly. It's nothing personal.

However, it annoyed me to no end this morning to see that she has hopped on a plane to go to Asia to report to us.

I am fully able to grasp the magnitude of the situation. Every meal I eat, I feel sadness. I pour a glass of water, and offer up a prayer for those who need it more than I do. When I wash the three loads of laundry per day that my family generates, I am thankful to have clothes to wear and electricity and all of the trimmings.

Having Diane earnestly report to me wearing business casual clothes and her glasses doesn't make it more profound. It doesn't "make it real". She's not "bringing it to me".

Stop taking drinking water and food that are needed by others. Go home. Let younger, stronger people go over to report, because in their spare time they can lift more, move more, carry more than you. Get out of the way!

As I said, it's nothing personal.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!! I couldn't agree more.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...