Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Do I have to eat seeds?

Today has been a little better (it helps that I don't have to work today).

I went to the supermarket and looked at 1,000,000,000 labels. I found organic stoneground wheat crackers that are 10g a serving (and had a good laugh at some of the foods in that aisle). Now at least once in a while I can have cheese & crackers as a snack.

Also, thanks to Erik's suggestion I checked out a bunch of flatbreads and pitas and found Flat out bread. That will help me with lunches, since they are under 20g of carb each (I'm not counting net carbs yet... it's too much to all sort out at once).

There are some yogurts that are lower in carbs too. I bought some turkey sausage and chicken sausage in various flavors... Sorry if this is making y'all hungry!!

Of course I stocked up on lettuce and fresh baby spinach and mushrooms and onions and things like that. I can make a meal with just that and a steak. Yum.

Lastly, a Bertoulli chicken florentine frozen meal-in-a-bag that I like is low enough that if I have no other carbs at a meal, I can still eat it once in a while for a "hurry-up" dinner.

Enough about food - I have boxes of stuff to unpack and sort out. Ciao!!

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...