Sunday, August 17, 2008

Olympic moment du jour

High point... Constantina Tomescu-Dita rocked the marathon (today, technically but most people saw it last night)

I watched what I had on my dvr at lunchtime today to see MP's 8th gold and when I saw how far ahead of the remainder of the field Dita was, and watched her run into the stadium, with the crowd standing and cheering for her, (and also the 3rd & 4th place finishers who were from China), I cried a little. Envying her (my foot is still bothering me, I haven't been able to run in quite a while) and at the same time being thrilled for her at HOW FAR AHEAD she was and to have that experience of running into the stadium in the lead.

Low point... definitely the sailing - follow that link if you want to see video of the capsizing, read about the mayhem, etc. Clearly, so to speak, not a bright sunny afternoon on the water.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...