Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ideal solutions

#1. I wore a light green shirt today and noticed (in the elevator when I got to work) that the front was wet. I just kind of muttered to the programmer I was riding with, "geez I guess spilled tea all over myself while I was driving in, I hope it doesn't stain".

In a genuinely friendly helpful voice, she said "Just turn your shirt inside out!"

#2. Recently my friend noticed this one programmer "D" leaving the cafeteria. D has a long stringy ponytail and doesn't seem to wash it all too often. This is very inconsistent with the fact that he brings a cloth napkin and placemat from home for lunch. (Or maybe, he brought it once and just uses it over and over.)

Anyway Andy's jaw dropped open when D glanced into his cup, realized he still had some drink left, and calmly dumped it right onto the cafeteria carpet before leaving.

This is why we keep them away from our line of business clients.


Carly(via Blackberry)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"D" also goes to the bathroom and doesn't wash his hands. He does, however, use papertowels to dry them.

Figure that one out.

onescrappychick said...

(shakes head sadly)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...