Thursday, August 14, 2008

C'mon

Today started out crappy and cloudy and moody. I bailed work at lunchtime, and used some vacation hours to go home for a nap. When I got up (oops, 2:oo) I had some hot food and sat on my porch in the sunshine for a while, and I actually feel not bad now. I just want to stop hurting. I am hoping not to need MORE surgery, but who the eff knows. I won't find out about what the CAT scan showed for a couple of days.

Since Johnny V called me a "cugar" (via IM) today for being a Phelps Phan, I'll move on to discuss the news that Keith Andersen has a new cd out.



I met him briefly at a country music festival, and from what I observed, Keith is more than a little fresh with the younger ladies. I'll leave it at that. So it was a little bit of a disconnect to know that he can write such beautiful songs, like "I'll know when I get there"*, which moves me every time I listen to it. What can I say? I'm a sucker for a good piano ballad.

He's done it again, co-writing 10 of the disc’s 11 tracks on C'mon, including a song "Lost in this Moment With You" that's so nice that my non- country- music- fan friend almost chose it for her first dance at her upcoming wedding. It's hard to believe such a damn pretty face can be so sentimental, but someone must have ripped his heart out and stomped on it at one point (refer to "I still miss you".... and "I ain't hurting nobody but me")

I haven't had the cd very long so right now I am liking Sugarland's newest one more. But it's growing on me.



*
For a chance to sing, I'd do anything,
And it feels like I've lost everything.
I just gotta believe it's down that road somewhere,
'Cause I'll know when I get there, yeah.

I don't know if it's worth it. And I don't know if I'm good enough.
All I know is I'm givin' it all I've got.
And I'll know when I get there.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Life is beautiful, but it's complicated,
we barely make it.
We don't need to understand,
There are miracles, miracles.

Stand where you are.
We let all these moments pass us by.

*Vega 4

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...