Sunday, August 03, 2008

One potato

two potato... two million carbs. At least that's how it feels. Everything I pick up, in my house, in the store, OMG, HOW MANY??

I need to chillax.

It's better than it was at first though, when I thought I could only have 50 g PER DAY.... and cried, when I realized how much oatmeal, cinnamon toast, and OJ is. (close to 100 or more, if I'm honest). I had this panic attack of not knowing what to eat, at all, for a little while.

I am trying to keep to 50-60 g per meal based on the ONE daily meal plan suggestion I found (damn you google, when it really matters, you fail me), until I get my nutritionist friend's ear on this whole new development. And I know that's the point, it all depends on your weight and so on, but geez. A basic roadmap, please???

Meals are now one giant barter session. I can have this, if I don't have that. I know it will become somewhat more automatic in time... but still. Frustrating. Then I get The Voice in my head going "Quit being a baby - you don't have to deal with surgery or chemo or anything." Then there's this other voice saying "You're so hard on yourself."

Maybe I shouldn't blog about hearing voices. All the voices! ;-)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...