Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Another sunny day

a gorgeous day here in the northeast...again, lost to pointless tests.

I had an endoscopy today. Overall not too bad, (I wasn't sick afterward, but slept most of the day away, and it's gorgeous out.) But just like the CAT scan - no answers for me.

On my way there my stomach was really killing me so I thought this might yield something but nooo. Showed nothing. I guess that's good. I don't have an ulcer or whatever else bad he might have seen.

The worst part was that they spray anesthetic on your throat. Three times. It's foul, even with the nasty fake banana flavoring. So the first time, you don't really know what you're in for, and the second time you kind of do, and the third time it's really hard to unclench your jaw and let them do what they need to do. I hated it. Hated feeling like I couldn't swallow, because I got a little panicky and felt like maybe next I wouldn't be able to breathe, even though I knew it was just numb. So they gave me a little bit of sedation, and that started me on my journey to la-la land. Next thing I knew I was waking up.

So that this isn't just complaining, I will list 3 things I am grateful for. (1) I am grateful I DON"T have an ulcer. (2) I am very, very grateful for icewater, because I feel like I have strep throat now. Fun fun fun. and (3) I am grateful for Dana, the student nurse who observed some (or all, I don't know) of my procedure; when I was feeling panicky she took a paper towel and said "you're leaking" as she very gently wiped away my tears.

Time to go sit on my porch for a while. Wish I had some company!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Wish I could come sit with you.... hope they get you figured out and fixed soon. ((hugs))

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...