Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Like, right now

About once a month a BIG 18-wheeler wanders around aimlessly in our teeny quiet little 'hood.


They turn left onto our nearest cross street, when they really want to turn about 3 traffic lights away from where we are. But two of the lights along their trajectory are about two years old. So some companies have old directions, that basically say "Take exit X, then at the second traffic light turn left."


SO they come along, and wander down our street, about as subtle as a squeaking fart in church. Plenty of times, they actually stop right in front of our house, because of the configuration of the neighborhood - they realize they're lost because the road comes to a "T".


I printed out a google map once. It showed where we are, and included the road they should have stayed on, and the place where they actually probably WANT to turn, based on where all some warehouses are.


Gave the map to the Mister, who said "yeah, that's probably a good idea" and then lost it.


I can only do just so much.


Of course, for the last hour I've been looking for ONE particular piece of paper, because I need it tomorrow. No dice. My desk still looks like this:

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...