Monday, August 04, 2008

NOAH

... build me an ark. Geeez. It's pouring AGAIN.

I can't get my backyard dry enough to seed where they excavated. There is a slight angle to the grade and there are fissures steadily growing with each rainstorm even though we put bales of hay along the "uphill" edge. We might need to bite the bullet for a pallet of sod. Yay. And oh so fun to unroll.

My teenager saw Avril Lavigne and THE JONAS BROTHERS (repeat several times and scream louder each time). These kids have it so easy. They can bring their camera, they can bring their cell phone and text a message to display on the big screen. It was kind of funny that fans of those two acts had to share an arena. Also I wondered who gets the job of filtering the "naughty" texts to another queue so they don't make it to the big screen??? Hmmm. This could be a new career for moi.

My friend V was very sweet today, she sat with me for a while and listened to me vent about being so confused about what to eat. She has a friend she golfs with who is diabetic, and promised to pick his brains for me and also has some books about atkins, south beach, etc. I just want some suggestions on which foods have more or less carbs; I'm looking for resources to try to build a healthier eating style.

Well, I have boxes waiting to be unpacked and a bike out on the porch calling my name (maybe I should switch to a rowboat!)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

my friends sig. other had a heart attack a bunch of years ago ... and he follows South Beach guidelines, per the Doctor's recommendations. Just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm tired of the rain.. really, really tired of it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...