Thursday, August 21, 2008

Conversations with my child

(Thing 1 shows me phone) : "Mom, read this message"
(me) "That's spam, just delete it"
(T1) "But if I don't forward it to five friends I may lose my summer love..."
(me) "Do you HAVE a summer love?"
(T1) "I'll just delete it"


***

(I call home to check up on them) "Did you get pizza?"
(T1) "I let him keep the change"
(me) "I gave you a $20 and you ordered a six cut pizza... do you understand that you gave him almost $10, that's a huge tip?"
(T1) "Well, he did seem really happy"


I still have so much work ahead of me.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

aren't they fun? between the drama and the hormones I can barely contain my excitement.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...