Monday, August 11, 2008

Dear Michael

Dear Mr. Phelps,

Can I call you Michael?

First, I'd like to let you know that there's simply no need to file any paperwork asking me not to come within 100 feet of you. Just wanted to get that out of the way. Second, I should probably apologise to your Mom. Since, ya know, I'm about halfway between your age and hers, probably. But at least I'm not twice your age.


But damn, boy.

You look quite a lot like that paper salesman at Dunder that I adore, and I somehow I just don't think the hot flashes I'm feeling when I watch tv these days can be chalked up to early peri-menopause.

On behalf of all of the women my age who wish WE were still in OUR twenties, thank you for this (even Perez didn't write on him) :






For the "take that you French bastards" coupled with the built in game of "what's the retention strategy here, and will it fail?" I thank you, even though this picture makes me want to give you a big slice of cheesecake...


All kidding aside, REALLY, Thank you....


Good luck with that swimming thing that you're doing.

(And to any guys out there who might be thinking about giving me crap, I have four words; go watch beach volleyball. )

xo,
Carly

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look on that black dude's face. It's like he's thinking, "crazy-ass white boy."

emmay said...

If you can't find a way to get that cheesecake to him, I'll take it. I's been a long f'ing day here.
DH and I had that beach volleyball/men's swimming conversation last night. You were channeling us, weren't you?

Carly said...

Anon, I almost cropped him out but he was too funny.

Emmay, I am going to go over and pretend I'm a lifeguard (see my disguise, in my sidebar ?)

BML said...

Holy shit.
That's all I can say.
OK, maybe I can say more.
Wow. Yes please. Oh my god.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...