Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Boring is overrated

So... my day wasn't as bad as this guy's. (OUCH! )

It definitely had ups and downs though. My kids had doctor appointments and I got on the scale, and I have lost 5 lbs since I saw the Dr. last. So giving up yummy bread, and all of those pretzels and good-for-you granola bars and so on (oh and the beer, wine, and soda ) has actually proven to work. Who knew I could eat as much (lowfat) cheese as I want? Damn. I guess I have to keep going with the bike, too.

My Dr's receptionist finally got through to India to get a HUMAN who works for my insurance company (no lie) and was able to get approval to schedule my CAT scan. (My gall bladder really effing hurts some days, this has been going on about two months, which is perplexing since I had it removed in 2006...)

So on this gorgeous day which would have been perfect for a kayak ride, I sat in a medical office drinking some crystal lite lemonade shit with funky sort of dye in it. For 90 minutes, a total of three glasses, and NO VODKA AT ALL. (Oh and I hadn't had breakfast before I took the kids to their appointment, and I pretty much went from theirs to mine, with no food, of course. Wah, wah, waaaaah.)

Then I was taken from the waiting area into the "locker room" where I could change and I guess that's when I got scared about wtf actually IS where my gallbladder used to be... because I tied the gown all wrong like a moron and would have flashed the other people waiting, and I wanted to cry when the kind radiology technician fixed it for me. She was so nice to me I forgave her when the IV leaked stuff all over me. Blaaah. Now I am still tasting that drink and it is past 11PM.

On the plus side again, I got the greatest cake pan cake pan tonight, it will make a giant cupcake shape out of an entire cake mix. It's two parts.... well, go look. It would also easily make a very obscene cake for a bachelor party, but that's just me using naughty to deal with my stress.

I finally saw Dark Knight. I don't know if it's just the long day I had, or that I'm not really normally "into" big movies like that... but I was wishing it was over before it was. I know, I am the 1% of America who didn't rave about it. I'm disappointed that I wasn't more into it, but there it is. So sue me, yes Heath was VERY good but the rest of the movie was too cartoon for me. Plus, the entire second half of the movie I could taste that crap from my test. But my son wanted to see it, so I was the good sport and didn't complain. No nightmares yet so maybe we'll be ok.

This summer blows in so many ways.

This is about the only thing cheering me up right now, so I hope y'all will forgive my slight obsession.


2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I want a boob cake for my birthday.. this decides it. I'm sorry your day sucked, and hopefully your tests come back OK. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I bought this one

http://www.householdappliances.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=NWR1355&refid=FR275-NWR1355

but I paid a lot less.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...