Thursday, September 04, 2008

And then the dog bit her

My daughter was SO out of sorts today. (Our first day of school...)

Her "Friend" stopped by this morning and with that on top of the dental pain she was already almost in tears.*

The new skirt that fit fine last night was deemed WAY TOO LOOSE and so she wedged on an old one (over the shorts she & her friends all wear because of skirt flippers). I convinced her to put the other one on because, you know, breathing is important and all of that.

Then I noticed that despite our school now allowing navy polo shirts (embroidered with logo) she was STILL wearing a tank top under her shirt. Gawd, the kids in 3 layers and it's gonna be 85 today. I ignored "I'm not getting changed again" and wrangled her down to almost a normal amount of clothing.

There were tears about food. She had to eat scrambled eggs for breakfast (soft soft soft foods.... gaaaaaaaah). "I'm going to bring a muffin and fruit for lunch and they'll laugh at me and say I'm too thin again." (bitches...and I'm sorry, it's the chunky ones who rag on her the most. Lay off the cookies, and my kid. Seriously. )

Such a happy face in the annual "first day of school" photo. Aiyeeeee. I haven't even left for work yet and I'm EXHAUSTED, I tell you!


*yes, some day she will kill me for discussing her cycle on the internet. I'm sorry Baby!!!

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Wow, today was our 6th day of school!!!

Poor baby, I hope her teeth feel better soon. I have such sympathies for her, going through such misery with my own.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...