Thursday, September 11, 2008

Moments

I took a few moments to remember today. I was in a teleconference filled with annoying rude people, and I just pulled off my headset a little bit before 9 am, and closed my eyes, and made some wishes for those left behind, to be able a little more each day to carry on somehow.

I had good moments and bad moments of my own today.

Bad moment - getting a LONG request from a client with their request deadline of "the end of the third quarter" embedded. Um, that quarter end's ABOUT (wait, let me get both my shoes off to count, no never mind, just one...) 13 days away and this is SO not going to happen. I just laughed and went to lunch. It's laugh or cry, kids.

Definitely lunch had good moments, being able to go out in the sunshine and feel warmth again, and hope that some sort of Indian summer will last a while.

We are not getting a team leader any time soon so my ulcer or whatever it is won't go away fast. I'm stalling on the last test that the doctor suggested because, ugh.... and I haven't even dealt with making an appointment for the "diabetic eye exam" because that phrase just tapdances around one of my worst fears.

Good moment - a naughty joke texted from Suzy (the clean part is, how many animals can u get in a pair of panty hose, and you'll have to call me for the answer. ) Also two different people mentioned "goats" to me within a span of five minutes and the circumstances around those events just cracked me up.

I'm off to do more typing on a thing for the PTA that should already be DONE. Sigh... my son wants me to work on the mural. Maybe after dinner. Maybe, maybe, maybe.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...