Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Yum

Working from home today, slogged across the rainy deck to get some of my tomatoes. Then some basil from the porch. Tomato, baby mozzarella balls, and basil is one of my favorite options as a side for some (otherwise BORING) chicken breast.

This weekend I am going to play wannabe gourmet again and take a tour of various farms in the area with my son to look at local cheesemaking operations. My local store that sells only NYS wines is running a bus. Goody, free samples... fresh air... mud! Dairy, goat and sheep cheese, oh my! I even convinced one of MY kids to go with me. (Catch that goat joke? I need to get out more. )

Next week, a hands-on cheese class. So after that I will know how to make my own mini mozzarella balls, thank you very much. Be nice to me, I might offer you some.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Yum! That sounds like fun. I can't wait to hear all about it.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...