Saturday, September 06, 2008

Perfect way to start the day

I found a piece of glass today. Yes, I stepped on it. Is there any other way?

Dammit.

Yesterday at work was worse than the day before and my one remaining lunch buddy who wasn't on vacation made the mistake of saying "are you ok?" which of course made me cry... awkward much? Oy. Then right after they went off to lunch without me because I had a meeting, the person I was supposed to meet with rescheduled. Not that I'd have been great company. Hmmph.

Check out Melody Gardot. She was in People magazine because of the challenges life has tossed at her (wiki), and so for a brief moment she was in the iTunes top sales lists. But at the end of the day, whether I buy a song isn't about the inspiring story of the person, or how pretty they are - if I don't want to listen to it on my ipod with my eyes closed to block out other people/ things, I'm not clicking "buy". And I clicked. SO I'm going to go listen now.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...