Monday, September 01, 2008

Weekend wrapup.

So, Friday I had my friend from "PTA" over. We haven't seen each other in a couple of months and it was wonderful to hang out. (I blogged the food already since this weekend was ALL about food and drink. But did I mention her daughter's million dollar cookies? mmmmmm.)

Saturday, Suzy and I went to TK's wedding. MUCH fun. Fantastic food of all sorts. We stayed over at the hotel. She went up around midnight but I got to sleep just about 3:30 Sunday morning. Later after we checked out I treated myself to breakfast in the hotel before going home, to market, cooking, etc.

Hung out at the neighborhood block party, swam (aka semi-napped in a lounge chair in the pool) and ate MORE FOOD and had beers, until around 9, then wandered up the street to my house to go through the 200 photos I took at the wedding (crop, edit, or delete as needed...). I wouldn't ordinarily be SUCH a camera pest, but I took a lot of candids of our coworkers for the bride, and she encouraged me to keep going after hours. Also there were a few people there who I won't be working with anymore so I wanted to be sure to have photographs of them with me, for myself. Effing outsourcing.

Today was the family party(an early birthday party for my kids whose dates are later this month, and OH MY GOD IT'S SEPTEMBER.) It's really something when my mother pats me kindly on the arm in sympthy as she's ducking out early... I was at my wit's end. We won these clamsteam dinners in a raffle, and they weren't at all what I thought they'd be like (some really weird gray sausages in the sacks, which I don't think anyone actually ate....) but in the end everyone liked them, they were boiling hot and the clams were great and the chicken was tender and I did have plenty of other salads and that type of food, so that was all fine in the end. But there were some spots this afternoon where I thought I'd just get in the car and go somewhere nice and quiet and hide, or at least go down the street and take a swim.

I love tiny babies, but I have very definite opinions on (how) they should be watched and so on. So the internal monologue fights to get out, but has no business being said. Aiyeeeee.

Tired... going to sleeps... have to work tomorrow and leave early to sing for a priest (affiliated with our parish) who passed away. Four pm, 7 pm, and also the funeral the next day. TIRED. Planning now for that delicious sleep-in that I'll have Saturday morning.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

I'm tired just reading about it all... hang in there.. Saturday is just a few days away.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...