Sunday, September 14, 2008

Last stop

We rode up north, and I swear off to the west I was looking at the layers of the adirondacks off in the distance, growing more translucent the farther back they were. Beautiful.

I should mention the STRANGE looks we are getting tooling around on a giant tour bus in the waaaayyy out in the country part of the state we're in. Very amusing.

The last farm is a sheep farm and we watched men work with their border collies - it takes about four years to train a dog on how to properly circle around, what distance to maintain from the sheep, and so on. It was fun to watch and the vista was beautiful.

Then we watched a sheep shearing demonstration. He had some antique tools which I photographed. I wanted to shoot his gnarled fingers but there were so many people asking questions when it was time for the "bus group" to go.

(This day was an organized "tour" that was advertised by the county tourism association. Of course I missed the part about getting your "passport" stamped at each stop to enter a drawing for prizes. Oh well. )

Also I have to tell one friend that there was a giant spider on my back and I didn't even scream.

The end - home to dine on something other than CHEESE!!!


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Thank you for sharing your day.. I can't wait to look at the pictures. :)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...