Sunday, September 14, 2008

Tour notes - first farm

First farm - goats. Many flies(outside). Good gruyere cheese. Mr Farmer was a funny guy who told some of the quirky things about goats and their personalities.

Mrs Farmer was beautiful (not by hollywood standards, oh the horror she had long gray hair midway down her back.) But truly beautiful, and would have made an interesting portrait but she was busy and it was a little too windy. I want a good camera again (ability to switch lenses = good)

My kid wandered over to a sign hanging off a fence and sort of fixed it because it had almost fallen off. Then he noticed what it said -Caution, electric fence. Good thing he can read. Zzzzzt.

There's a guy on the bus who has this eclectic style and is wearing a bracelet made of a fork. The tines are bent back (sideways) and curved to make 2 hearts. My mission is to get a photo. Oh, and he was the one who asked the farmer how they keep the goats from mating with their own daughters. I am not even kidding.

(Answer, only two males on the farm, swapped every 3 years and lots of record keeping. And me, moving over to the other side of the crowd. Hah.)
We went by Dead Lake. My iPod shuffled in NY State of Mind. Really really. Oh, and we passed Lauderdale farm, Poly...


Carly(via Blackberry)

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

oh yay.. I can't wait to hear about the rest!!!

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...