Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Technically he did actually wait for me

Preface: I guess I'm evil or something, right? I will certainly be despised for this post if the wrong people read it but aieeeee, I just can't help what I feel. This is me, who I am, love it or leave it. Your loss if you go.

It was a horrible braces day. When I got home I heard discontent about bottom brackets and a thing that was supposed to hold her mouth open but broke in her mouth (fck!) and they were mean and didn't explain things today and she choked on the water when they were polishing her teeth and she stopped choking and they didn't even say are-you-o-k. Tears and sobs. Mental note: check for PMS before making these appointments. No lie. Sweet mother of pearl.

I was trying to be patient and sympathetic and loving and motherly but a little voice inside was saying "Ohmygod there's a dead priest laid out over at church and I have to get over there to sing by 4pm."

My stomach only hurts now if I'm late for something, like work. Or singing at a special service that I promised I'd be at, on very short notice.

Then I got home from singing (still reeling from "ohmygod they opened the coffin and I'm an idiot because of course they opened the coffin down there where I could look down into it but he was.... dead.... lying there in his white robes in the red fabric") and a quick trip to the market* and she was sobbing again.

A bracket thingie popped off her tooth. Sliding around on the wires. Wheeee. It wasn't quite as bad as that timeshe cracked a ring eating oreos and came screaming to me with the thing hanging in black goo.

But still. I had to be back at church by 7 so Mr. had to handle this call to the orthodontist too. They called back and calmed her down and she's going back tomorrow... when I'll be at church singing old latin to the corpse again (or having a nervous breakdown, don't know which...)

* rotisserie chicken - where have you been all my life? Not even kidding.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...