Sunday, September 14, 2008

Farm 5

Ok, this is going to turn into OH MY GOSH NO MORE GOATS. Don't show me another milking stand and explain how their heads are held by the bars.
This farm was behind the 8 ball because they had no power for 4 hours this morning. But they scrambled to give us samples and had apples for sale, and baby chicks under a heat lamp (not for sale YET. Mmmm, chicken.)

My kid ate an apple and when he asked me where to throw away the core, the farmer's tall wife took it (she looked viking/ norwegian or something like that to me, and her son who I'll call Sven was about 7 feet tall.) She, the farmer's wife, yelled "here chick chick" and casually tossed the core aside. Fifteen chickens appeared out of nowhere, scrambling out from under the porch and so on, and attacked that core. My kid thought that was hysterical.

She seemed very content in her life, talking about the goats being cute to watch while she makes her cheese. Quark is one of her favorites. Didn't buy any myself. I didn't think ahead to bring a small cooler and icepack so I've gotten only hard cheeses and I'm probably ok given how chilly the bus is. Amateur.


Carly(via Blackberry)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...