Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Keep NieNie in your thoughts

cjanerun

if you follow Stephanie & Christian's recovery through Jane's blog, you will often find beautiful, eloquent reminders to stop and think and appreciate the life that we have, simple and complicated all at the same time.

Yesterday I didn't really have much to do at lunchtime. The newlyweds are off all week and so many of my other friends are gone now. I feel like a kid who's in the middle of that "losing my baby teeth" stage. There are some that slip away, and it's not so bad, but there are some that leave a deeper, raw gap, and you know you shouldn't, but you just keep noticing the empty space and poking at it. Why do we do things like this to ourselves? (Dwell on things we can't change, and so on...)

SO with that kind of pity party going on I needed to think about someone else for a while; I bought a postcard and sent it to NieNie. (The address is on Jane's blog...) I guess I was in a funk about how slowly the day was dragging after all of the fun I had this weekend.

I hate to see the summer go...

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...