Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Genius

SO. It's been one crappy fucking year at times, let me tell you.

It's almost midnight and I'm up because we got one of those heart sinking phone calls.... someone fell again. If you know me in real life, that might make sense. If not, it's probably too much to say even that. But I am in that tired, but can't sleep (until I hear what they say at the hospital) zone.

Earlier today I let apple upgrade my pc to iTunes 8 so I have been playing around with "Genius". You pick a song that you have, and then you can either see other songs that you might like (to buy) or you can have iTunes make you a play list of "stuff like that".

It's a suitable distraction for times when you can't think. Pick a song, click the nuclear symbol. Right now it only seems to work with recently purchased stuff. I tried some of my all time favorite (older) songs and got more or less a shrug of the shoulders from the Genius. But I"ll take what I can get right now

(Name -- Artist ***)

Back 2 Good -- matchbox twenty ***Damn -- matchbox twenty ***Bad Day -- Fuel ***All For You (Acoustic Version) -- Sister Hazel ***This Is How a Heart Breaks -- Rob Thomas ***Interstate Love Song -- Stone Temple Pilots ***Cold -- Matchbox Twenty ***Closing Time -- Semisonic ***Run -- Collective Soul ***Away From The Sun -- 3 Doors Down ***Change Your Mind -- Sister Hazel ***Faithfully -- Journey ***Argue -- matchbox twenty ***Calling All Angels -- Train ***Bent -- matchbox twenty ***Sweetest Thing [The Single Mix] -- U2 ***Cumbersome -- Seven Mary Three ***Everything You Want -- Vertical Horizon ***Never Let You Go -- Third Eye Blind ***Hemorrhage (In My Hands) -- Fuel ***Follow You Down -- Gin Blossoms ***What It Takes -- Aerosmith ***Be Like That -- 3 Doors Down ***Meet Virginia -- Train ***Bed of Lies -- matchbox twenty ***

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...