Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Carly and the Caterer

Now see what I went and started....

Last (school) year when I was a PTA officer people complained about the lunch program we had in place. It's a parochial school, so there are issues with money and having volunteers to work and how some of those volunteers got along and how they managed things.

So I helped put together a survey -- and based on the results, the new officers for this year found a local caterer to help us revamp the whole program.

Tonight was one of the training sessions set up for people willing to help with prep in the venings, to take the workload off of those parents who can go during the day and actually serve lunches.

I know the caterer. Well, I did -- in highschool. I knew who he was, most definitely. I was SO in love with him in the 9th grade. SO, so in love in the most unrequited crush, EVER. He had no idea who I was then (30 years ago) and he doesn't now. It's funny. So funny to me, that I smirked through the entire thing, trying not to stare at his vastly different appearance in an attempt to reconcile it with The Boy From Math Class, and now I'm sure he wonders who that slightly strange woman is.

The funniest thing is - even if I tell him, he still won't know ;-)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...