Sunday, December 21, 2008

Art, revised


APB edited my picture from this morning's post (it seems SO long ago because I wrapped Mt. Everest this afternoon and time sort of stopped, while it snowed outside my windows. Seriously people, four and a half hours. There were some gifts I just put in boxes from Michael's with decorated tops. So sue me. I'd still be in there. And clear packing tape really holds those suckers closed. That will twitch out the wrapping police - you'd have to know my inlaws but there is a Proper Way of wrapping a gift that involves tissue paper folded just so inside the box, tape placed precisely ON THE WRAPPING PAPER, and the to/from tag ON THE BOTTOM so as not to sully the visage of the gift package.)

Anyway, back to the photo. He deepened the blue of the sky to add contrast with the frozen ice, tried to bring the center tree and its limbs out more by, reducing shadows on the center brightening the ice/snow on the dangling limbs...(yes I copied all that from your note, and yes, I like it. I may print a 5x7 out for my office.)

AB sold me the Wacom tablet I use from time to time to touch up photos. Since the remodeling it hasn't been hooked up but now I am motivated to reconnect it after xmas (I have waaaaaaay too many usb devices like cameras and iPods and a mini photo printer all fighting for ports. Oh, and I want my own pc no one can touch, but that's never going to happen )

Is it Dec 27th yet?

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...