Monday, December 15, 2008

Other Monday news

WFH this morning, now doing some holiday catchup. Random thoughts:

  • I waaaaant a big burger. Not much food left around here, no telling if the markets are stocked up again. So much stuff was lost in the power failures due to the ice storm(worst one around here in 20+ years - some people STILL have no power and won't have it for a couple of days.) Hence the previous meltdown.
  • My kids got invited to perform in an honors band of sorts, or as I put it "the ones in the area elementary schools who can actually play a note or two" - - they handed me the sheet and more or less said together "...but we're not going to do it". Um, I have been paying (at a catholic school, you have to pay for band lessons) for how long? And you WILL in fact be doing this. You want to see two little faces fall like the stock market. Bwahahaha.
  • Yearbook meeting today. ::::cue horror film music::::: Right after school, they're all twitchy and don't want to do... actual work. This could be problematic. Cue the wineglass and coooookies.
  • Did I mention I made a ton of cooooookies this weekend, because I had power and no place to go? At one point I was rolling out the laaaaast bit of sugar cookie dough and I was tired and just wanted to sit down and one of my little visitors said "that looks like fun" (they had all been busy with decorating the trees and playing our Wii) and I just kind of sighed "yeah, I guess so." My sister burst out laughing and made a remark to the effect of "Geez Carly, let the poor kid cut out some cookies".... it really was funny- I was just so exhausted by that point and it didn't occur to me to let her cut some out.
  • My trees are up. I plan to write out card envelopes tonight. Zzzzzzzzzz. Or nap.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

No school today so I am baking. We got a bunch of cleaning done this weekend, including thing number 1's bedroom. In his defense, he actually got rid of a ton of crap and cleaned up the room on his own, we just washed the floors/woodwork/furniture/windows etc and went on our way. I looked into his dresser, looked at my dh and just shut it. He either 1. needs a bigger dresser or 2. needs to start hanging some stuff in his closet like I recommend. I'd die to have a closet, and he doesn't even use his.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...