Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Balance

This will be my "word" for 2009....a little something to focus on...

I need balance in my diet, as well as my schedule of working, exercising, and resting. I need balance in my spending (!) and my volunteering. I need balance in my relationships.

Here are some phrases that I found when I looked around on the internet --


Balance:

  • physical equilibrium - the ability to retain one's balance
  • mental and emotional steadiness
  • a means of judging or deciding
  • a counterbalancing weight, force, or influence
  • regulated movement
  • stability produced by even distribution of weight
  • an aesthetically pleasing integration of elements
  • to bring into harmony or proportion, to equalize in weight, number, or proportion
  • equality between the totals of the two sides of an account

I am going to spend the next few days doing some art stuff (like the mural... that infield needs some progress) and some planning / preparation for my school responsibilities for the rest of the year.

I will also be having some friends over on Friday. It's a late new year's partay.... and my neighbors are hilarious so it should be fun. We always have a party right around Jan 1st and it skips from one house to another, so now since I have plenty of SPACE space space... (those are echoes....) I'm up for it.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

Good choice for your word! :)

I'm thinking of creating a small art project using my word that I can frame to remind myself of it all year long.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...