Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Ode to my desk

Why art thou
so friggin' buried,
you "fake wood"?

(wait, is haiku 3 - 5 - 3 or 5 - 7 - 5? )

School stuff and Christmas lists and oh, bills, I remember those (or often don't)
Yearbook orders (what was I thinking, doing that this month? Oh, right, the deposit is due)
Why is it that MY kid is the last one to bring his lunch order form home? ( I type that up too... and it's due... wait for it... TODAY... to someone else, not crazy me)

I am soooooooo happy I have Friday off from work. I hope to get my holiday shopping done. It will still be an all-out sprint to Christmas, but I won't be in the malls anymore.

1 comment:

onescrappychick said...

5-7-5

I'd secretly like to play hookey every day between now and holiday break... (sigh)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...