Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Art - after the storm




This tree in the middle captures what I have felt like at times during this year. Losing precious friends broke my heart... doing work that is unappreciated in various venues made me weary... worrying about family members prevented me from getting the rest I need to cope with everything else. My own medical issues and finances and the depressing national/world situations...it all has weighed me down, and many little parts of me are in need of repair.

The days will start getting "longer" but hopefully "brighter" now, even though today is officially the first day of winter, isn't it? I am hopefull that things turn for the better when the new year comes. That things will "green up" again for me. I am tired of the weighty gloom, of feeling like I must push myself to put one foot forward, then the next, in so many arenas.


I have been feeling a tiny bit better the last month or so; I am looking forward to the new year and the feeling of a fresh start it always brings for me. I will be turning to my art projects in earnest once the holidays are over; I won't be able to share the yearbook stuff with you, of course, but you'll just have to look at all of my other art projects as I work on them.
Hey, it's my blog, right?


2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Happy Solstice. Here's to a new and better year. ((hugs))

Anonymous said...

I love this photo.

Think palm trees. They sway and bend but don't break. ... And there is the weather they exist in. May be I should have used that analogy, it being the first day of winter. :)

You should take a Friday off an go away for a couple days by yourself and just spend some time focusing on just Carly. From my own experience, it does wonders to refresh your inner being. (If I could do that every month would be ideal, but once a quarter is my "stretch goal")

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...