Monday, December 08, 2008

Need opinions


So, I am making this card for my friend, who has been unable to join us at all this season for choir rehearsals or mass. She wrecked her achillies much like Misty May did. Well, minus the sequins, fake tan, and skimpy dress, and plus one badly placed ladder. The narrow, winding spiral stairs to the choir loft are NOT crutch friendly.

So, I stamped and embossed but the card is leaving me rather meh. There's all that plain beige space around the stamps*. Should I sponge the edges? pop the torn pieces of paper off and put them on a Christmas-y printed paper? Make tiny snowflakes with an embossing pen and emboss those? gold or white? Add some sort of 1" wide border / frame to it all?

Help?!


(*Santa postage stamp is from Inkadinkado and the others are All Night Media, bought all at Michael's )

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

I would put a piece of christmas paper under it all (leave 1/4 or 1/2" of the cream showing on all sides).. inked (cuz I love to ink endges). And maybe a ribbon across the bottom?? I dunno. It has potential but I can see why you are frustrated with it.

Unknown said...

It's thematically mixed - you've got 50's ish and torn edging and somber colors, but no unifying theme. I'd either change the backing paper, or stripe it on one side with something xmassy - too much cardstock basic going on, needs to be tied together by something.
(new / old addy for -p still me.)

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...