Wednesday, December 24, 2008

White Christmas



From my very favorite holiday movie, Holiday Inn (for you young'uns, this clip is not FROM White Christmas, that's another movie, but it is the song he sings here. LOVE this movie.)

It will definitely be a white Christmas here!

Well, kids. I'm exhausted. I slipped down to the snooty strip mall (S__ Plaza for you locals) on Monday afternoon just before 4. That was a mistake; the nearby GIANT mall was on the verge of literal gridlock - I barely got through before it all came to a grinding halt. I had no choice, a gift for my daughter just wasn't ready until Monday and I couldn't go until I was done working. I didn't even WANT to leave the house after all the snow we had Sunday, and that was part of the problem - people around here lost the last 2 weekends of Christmas shopping due to the ice storm and then the snow. (Some people claimed on the news they were stuck in traffic for 3 hours in that area yesterday. They'd have to carry me away in a white coat. )

Tuesday brought a trip to Fred the Butcher after work. O.M.G. Chaos. I couldn't help wondering why they took orders when they were obviously cutting and packaging roasts when people showed up to ask for them. I spent about an hour finding a place to park, waiting in line, and waiting for Fred himself to cut and trim up my slabs of beef. Yummy.

Today I have some last minute things to do then it's singing at mass this evening. Yay! I have to box up some cookies for Stan.

2 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Merry Christmas Eve to you all!

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite Christmas movies too, everybody always confuses the two movies. I hope you had a GREAT Christmas.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...