Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I quit

I am tired.


I have too many things to do at work (the inmates were TOTALLY running the assylum today, clients were being uber-demanding every hour on the hour - I had one client tell me he had a developer worked for him who knew our tools, aka "LN" ( but it was so long ago he can't remember her name, and the other person on the call said "Oh I dabble in LN" which made me queasy... because if you "DABBLE", it's a given that you really DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING, SO STOP DOING IT AT WORK and please for the love of all cute babies everywhere quit asking me to help you.... )

and at home (still didn't do the cards yet or clear off all the junk on my art table or the kitchen table or that one cupboard that all the cookies need to go into or call to order the holiday roast for the 20 people coming in ten days)

and for school (why SURE, I can make two dozen cookies on saturday to sell at the basketball games on Sunday - at least I really like the mom who asked so it makes it less painful to help

...and we are not EVEN going to talk about the lunch program or the yearbook)

but...


AAAAGH.

it's not like I also have to keep up with the laundry and the bill paying and the other stuff. What? Wait - seriously? I do? WTF?

It's supposed to snow overnight, we could have 3 - 6 " . Mind you, some peeople still don't have power yet after the ice storm. I will work from home like the sissy cream puff I am

(that reminds me, SH. brought cream puffs to work today for a birthday gathering and they were SO GOOD, I had two, piggie piggie)

because I can't even bring myself to drive to the reserved parking space I won in a raffle last month (it wasn't raffled of THIS month so I have been sneaking into it daily. I have no shame.)

Did you know this post would be so random, and scattered? Seriously, I need a long winter's nap. This is what I have been like ALL DAY.

3 comments:

onescrappychick said...

Can I join you? Please?

Real Live Lesbian said...

(holds out wine glass)

Hope things loosen up soon!

Mmm...cream puffs!

emmay said...

I was just thinking that laundry will likely be the first thing to go over the course of the next week.
And yes...mmm...cream puffs. Can I have some?

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...