Monday, December 15, 2008

The grinch mommy

I walked into my son's room to find his camera (which was on my desk- ha!) And his drawers were hanging open and all stuffed randomly with crap and I just snapped.

I dumped them all. I also pulled all the crap off his closet floor, and I have this little mess now.

I *will* go through the clothes(I recognize I am not in a good mood at all today and can't go completely ballistic on him). Also because they obviously DON'T all fit in the dresser and need to be downsized. We have told him to weed things out and shown him the process, but it obviously aint happening.

But, he has lost the PSP and iPod that were left lying about despite repeated warnings that they have cases for a reason. He might get those back next week.

Please send happy thoughts my way.


Carly(via Blackberry)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similiar moment on Friday. Home with the rugrats I said "No one gets electronics or comes downstairs until the bedrooms are clean to MY standard, including vacuumed." I did let them down for lunch but at 2:30 the rooms were so clean when H came home she let out a "Holy $H1T!!!", as I predicted she would... ;-)

Anonymous said...

I had a similar moment on Sunday. I left for church and told the children that whatever stuff was on the floor was going in the garbage if it was there when I got back. Now, I have promised to do so several times. (Them not knowing which day he is going to snap will play in their psyche to my advantage later) Needless to say nothing was done. I said "that's it" got a two garbage bags and one in each of their doorways. Today would be the day. Scurrying and tears ensued. But alas, they had to be somewhere. After they left the garbage bags started filling. While cleaning, and muttering to myself, I discovered that the oldest (8) GLUED 4 pages with doodling on the walls I just painted in 3.5 months ago!!! Good thing she wasn't home because I was clear for rocket launch to orbit! :) "I'm done doing anything more in your room" I told her when she got home.

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...