Monday, December 29, 2008

Jon And Kate

(note: wrote this on 11/22, because my life flies past and I will forget to tell y'all about the book)

I bought the book "Multiple Blessings" by Kate Gosselin, as a Christmas gift for Suzy, because as a NICU nurse I know she already loves the Gosselin sextuplets. You may have seen Jon and Kate plus 8 on tv.... if you haven't, defnintely seek it out because it's a trip and a half. Just the thought of trying to deal with 8 children, six of them only about four years old.... well, let's just say it makes me want to lie down on the couch.

And yes, I bought the book because I wanted to read it too. I have no shame. This morning came too early, after chaperoning a school dance/midnight bowling jaunt, but I picked up the book about 7:30 and finished it before lunch. (I used to read like that all of the time. Then kids and life and.... whatever.)

Kate is definitely a warrior, in my book (no pun intended). I have a great deal of respect for the strength of character and determination she shows in her focus on the well being of her children. Her faith echoes through the book in a very sincere way that is never overbearing. She and Jon definitely model how faith can get us through life's most daunting challenges. If I had to do one of those hokey college essays where you must write about someone you admire and it couldn't be a family member, Kate would definitely be on the short list.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...