Monday, December 08, 2008

SoupHead

More tales from the front lines of Don't Laugh At Me if You Are Child Free.... Have Pity

#1 - Him:

Last night the endless campaigning for a puppy continued. Mr C tried to help by pointing out that "you don't like to go out in the dark to bring in the garbage can from the curb. What will you do when your dog needs to go out and it's dark?"

::::elaborate eyeroll::::::

"Daaaaaad, I can't talk to a garbage can."


#2 - Her:

At the market she came up to me and told me that the soup she wanted was too far back on the shelf to reach. I went to "help" (knowing that she's as tall as me and there probably wasn't anything I could do). She put a foot on the lowest shelf and I boosted her up and she dragged the column of cans toward her... and you can see where this is going. BEAN! Right on her temple. At least it was one of those small styrofoam covered microwavable individual servings.

Caring, kind mother that I am, I nearly collapsed laughing (but only after realizing that she was laughing). She would NOT walk around with a container of frozen lobster bisque pressed to her temple.

Teenagers these days. Hmmmph.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...