Monday, December 08, 2008

How I entertain myself

.... while I work from home:

  • eat tiny bits of the maple walnut fudge my mother made for me and pretend I am not thinking about grams of carbs
  • answer the phone, hear "if you would like to hear this message again, press 1, otherwise hang up" and press 1 about 6 times (it amused me that there was no ACTUAL message, it came from a number at the town offices/police station and was probably either meant to be a blast message like "don't use your water, it's having a problem" or some other issue that I really think I should actually know about but, c'est la vie. They'll call back, right? )
  • set the fireplace to 73* because it was freezing in my office (which is why I am now working from home)
  • marveling that someone would spend close to $250 on 9 pieces (barely 5#)of cheese
  • listening to the ACTUAL blast message -- they DID call back --which hilariously enough, is about blasting that will be going on as part of what I guess will be a major construction project (basically a "don't call us when this starts happening, just relax" screen)
  • more fudge
  • waiting for Dwight's new hat to dry so I can photograph it (I glued the chip back on the brim ) Now his head is off balance and he sort of shakes in a way that is open for dark humour.

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...