Friday, December 19, 2008

Saved again by the clementines


So Joe, Mary, Gloria, and "3 Kings and a Shepherd"(*) rode off to school today in the Clementine crate. The two kings are consorting with the angel "Gloria" in there, while the other king and the shepherd are back in the corner you can't really see -- probably chatting about the lack of any other single ladies around. What? you didn't think the angel in your manger scene was named Gloria when you were growing up? Ours had a sash, that said her name...right?)
This is the same crate that blessed me with being able to feed the kids I took into my home during the ice storm. I'm almost sad to see it go away, because I like the vintage painted look on the sides. (yes I know that's a little crazy; I'm fine with that.)


My father "fixed" the train layout we use under our tree. By "fixed", of course, I mean "made bigger and it's no longer a circle". It's not quite oval, more like a triangular or egg shape --wider at one end of the oval. And there was a diagram sketched on a scrap of paper about these two wires that are on the underside and there's a short and a long wire and they have to go into little tubes and they have to go in the CORRECT tubes or the thing won't work (I will electrocute myself next christmas on a tiny train. ) -- I was so NOT able to focus on the diagram because I was saying "we're late for basketball, we need to leave. No, really, now, we are late, we need to leave." So I'm sure I got negative points on that front.

* this will NOT be the name of our band... but I will form one in this house... someday. We've got enough musical instruments in this house - a trumpet, clarinet, alto sax, guitar, piano, and a yet-to- be- wrapped digital drum set. (about the size of an electronic keyboard, which, Oh, we have one of those too. And I really want an electric guitar if I ever win a stupid amount of excess money.)

No comments:

Things will get better... right?

I distinctly remember a day in... maybe February?  I remember the moment, but not what day it was. I was sitting at work thinking about plan...